Positions Vacant – Qualified Chef
With the Club’s 99 on Mortimer bistro going from strength to strength, we are looking for a qualified and experienced Chef to contribute to our kitchen team on a full-time basis.
To be considered for this role you will:
- · Minimum Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- · Relevant experience in a commercial kitchen (including 2 years on-the-job training)
- · Commitment to your own learning and developing others
- · Exceptional communication skills
- · Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- · Dedication to providing excellent customer service
- · Strong knowledge of and commitment to food safety and hygiene practices, and WHS
- · Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism, positivity and a sense of calm
- · Availability to work a 7-day roster, including weekends, public holidays, split shifts, early starts and late finishes (roster provides for one weekend off per month)
- · Remuneration based on skills and qualifications
You will be passionate about food and committed to providing excellent customer service through consistent food in an increasingly busy and challenging environment.
How to apply
Please forward your completed:
- 1. your completed Employment Application form,
- 2. your CV outlining previous work experience and skills,
- 3. a copy of your qualifications, and
- 4. your cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested in a Qualified Chef role at the Club.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
There is no closing date for applications, however you are encouraged to apply early. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and must be able to produce their original qualification or certified full transcripts if interviewed.
Interested in joining our team?
Club Mudgee currently employ around 60 staff including apprentices in many areas of the club, including; bar and food service, functions, administration, greenkeepers, cleaning and maintenance. At different times of the year a range of employment opportunities may become available. They will be advertised on this page. If you would like to join our team and believe that you can make a valuable contribution to the success of Club Mudgee, we would love to hear from you.
To work in our bar, bistro or functions areas you must be passionate about the industry and about delivering excellent customer service to our patrons. You will also need to demonstrate:
- · A positive attitude and professional manner
- · Excellent communication skills
- · Immaculate personal presentation
- · Reliability, flexibility and enthusiasm
- · A willingness to see beyond the task and look at the bigger picture
- · A commitment to providing and promoting exceptional customer service with a "Can Do" attitude
- · Current RSA and RCG certifications
- · The ability to work a varied roster and be part of a diverse team
- · Good cash handling skills
Due to the nature of the industry, you may find yourself working while your friends and family are out socialising. If this isn't something that bothers you and you are able to work across the seven days of the week, we might be able to do business.
To apply for any position at Club Mudgee you will need:
- · A current RSA as a minimum and preferably the RSA/RCG combination;
- · A sound knowledge of WHS and your responsibilities in the workplace;
- · completed and signed Employment Application Form
- · A cover letter telling us why you are interested in working with Club Mudgee, and;
- · A Résumé, detailing your education, qualifications, skills and employment history.