Positions Vacant – Qualified Chef – Apprentice Chef
With the Club’s 99 on Mortimer bistro going from strength to strength, we are looking for a qualified and experienced Chef to contribute to our kitchen team on a full-time basis.
To be considered for this role you will:
- · Minimum Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- · Relevant experience in a commercial kitchen (including 2 years on-the-job training)
- · Commitment to your own learning and developing others
- · Exceptional communication skills
- · Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- · Dedication to providing excellent customer service
- · Strong knowledge of and commitment to food safety and hygiene practices, and WHS
- · Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism, positivity and a sense of calm
- · Availability to work a 7-day roster, including weekends, public holidays, split shifts, early starts and late finishes (roster provides for one weekend off per month)
- · Remuneration based on skills and qualifications
You will be passionate about food and committed to providing excellent customer service through consistent food in an increasingly busy and challenging environment.
How to apply
Please forward your completed:
- 1. your completed Employment Application form,
- 2. your CV outlining previous work experience and skills,
- 3. a copy of your qualifications, and
- 4. your cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested in a Qualified Chef role at the Club.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
There is no closing date for applications, however you are encouraged to apply early. Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and must be able to produce their original qualification or certified full transcripts if interviewed.
1st Year Apprentice Chef
We are offering an apprenticeship in commercial cookery
If you are passionate about food and cooking and interested in a career as a qualified cook, we can offer you an excellent opportunity as a 1st year Apprentice! This is a full-time opportunity offered under the terms and conditions of the Registered and Licensed Clubs Award. For the right candidate, the Club will reimburse training fees and the cost of prescribed text books in line with the Award.
As an Apprentice Chef, you will work under the direct supervision of our chefs and learn basic culinary and knife skills, gain knowledge of ingredients, the use of commercial equipment and kitchen procedures, including food safety and hygiene. You will undertake kitchen cleaning and equipment maintenance. You may also be required to assist in other areas of food preparation, service and storage.
The kitchen works at a fast pace and work schedules can include long hours. Essential to this role are your:
- · Desire to learn and your commitment to completing the apprenticeship;
- · Personal drive and motivation;
- · Reliability and positive attitude;
- · Ability to listen, follow instructions, and ask for help;
- · High standards of hygiene and cleanliness as reflected in your personal presentation;
- · Excellent verbal communication skills and your skills in reading and writing in English;
- · Ability to lift up to 10 kgs and to stand for long periods of time.
What we look for in our staff
With our Guiding Principles as the foundation, we look out for well-presented, professional, friendly team players who demonstrate personal integrity, are passionate about customer service, take pride in their appearance and are willing to learn and participate.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, you will need to provide us with:
- 1. A completed Employment Application form - available at the Club’s reception or download from our website www.clubmudgee.com.au
- 2. A covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested in an Apprenticeship with the Club;
Email your documents to email@example.com or drop them off at the club in an envelope marked ‘Attention Head Chef’.
Interested in joining our team?
Club Mudgee currently employ around 60 staff including apprentices in many areas of the club, including; bar and food service, functions, administration, greenkeepers, cleaning and maintenance. At different times of the year a range of employment opportunities may become available. They will be advertised on this page. If you would like to join our team and believe that you can make a valuable contribution to the success of Club Mudgee, we would love to hear from you.
To work in our bar, bistro or functions areas you must be passionate about the industry and about delivering excellent customer service to our patrons. You will also need to demonstrate:
- · A positive attitude and professional manner
- · Excellent communication skills
- · Immaculate personal presentation
- · Reliability, flexibility and enthusiasm
- · A willingness to see beyond the task and look at the bigger picture
- · A commitment to providing and promoting exceptional customer service with a "Can Do" attitude
- · Current RSA and RCG certifications
- · The ability to work a varied roster and be part of a diverse team
- · Good cash handling skills
Due to the nature of the industry, you may find yourself working while your friends and family are out socialising. If this isn't something that bothers you and you are able to work across the seven days of the week, we might be able to do business.
To apply for any position at Club Mudgee you will need:
- · A current RSA as a minimum and preferably the RSA/RCG combination;
- · A sound knowledge of WHS and your responsibilities in the workplace;
- · completed and signed Employment Application Form
- · A cover letter telling us why you are interested in working with Club Mudgee, and;
- · A Résumé, detailing your education, qualifications, skills and employment history.