Club Mudgee is dedicated to providing, enhancing and rewarding a workplace in which all employees are afforded opportunities to achieve their potential in their professional development.
With our Guiding Principles as the foundation, we look out for well-presented, professional, friendly team players who demonstrate personal integrity, are passionate about customer service, take pride in their appearance and are willing to learn and participate.
Before you apply for a vacant position with Club Mudgee, please read through the Position Description and Position Profile for the role. These will help you decide if the job is for you.To be considered for any role at Club Mudgee, you will need to provide us with:
- 1. A completed Employment Application form;
- 2. A covering letter – telling us a bit about yourself and why you think you would be a great fit for our Club;
- 3. Your CV outlining previous relevant experience, skills, and qualifications.
- 1. Upload your documents and apply below; OR
- 2. Email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR
- 3. Drop your application in to Reception at 99 Mortimer Street, Mudgee between 10.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Make sure you mark the envelope “Job Application”!
Hard copies of vacant positions are available from Reception during the above hours.
For more information about the application process or about working for Club Mudgee, contact Human Resources on 6372 1922.
Club Mudgee employees are covered by the Registered and Licensed Clubs Award.
Chef de partie
As the result of significant growth and success in the Club’s “99 on Mortimer” bistro, we are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Chef de Partie to contribute to our kitchen team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Head Chef and working closely with the Sous Chef, your key role as Chef de partie will be to support the senior chefs in the day-to-day running of the kitchen and in leading and developing the kitchen team to produce consistent and quality dishes for our members and guests. This role is hands on, so be prepared to “muck in” as part of the team.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- • Relevant trade qualifications
- • Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in a commercial kitchen (including 2 years on-the-job training)
- • Experience supervising or leading a team, including willingness to share knowledge and commitment to developing others
- • Demonstrated understanding of menu planning, recipe compilation and costing
- • Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- • Dedication to providing excellent customer service
- • Strong knowledge of and commitment to food safety and hygiene practices, and WHS
- • Ability to work under pressure while maintaining professionalism, positivity and a sense of calm
- • Availability to work a 7-day roster, including weekends, public holidays, split shifts, early starts and late finishes
- • Availability to cover shifts in the absence of the Head Chef or Sous Chef and work a minimum of 10 Sundays per year in addition to the normal roster.
You will be passionate about food and committed to providing excellent customer service in an increasingly busy and challenging environment.
Still interested? Read the Position Description for more information and follow the instructions on this page to apply today.
Enquiries about this position can be made in confidence to Judy on (02) 6372 1922.
Club Mudgee employees are covered by the Registered and Licensed Clubs Award. If successful, your rate of pay will be in line with the classification of Cook (tradesperson) grade 5. You will also enjoy the additional benefits of applicable allowances, penalty rates and superannuation.
Train to be a Chef (Full-time apprenticeship on offer!)
If you are passionate about food and cooking and interested in a career as a qualified cook, we can offer you an excellent opportunity as a 1st year Apprentice!
Your first 6 months will be spent training in the kitchen alongside our qualified chefs. In 2018 you will start your studies at TAFE.
As an Apprentice Chef, you will work under the direct supervision of the chef and learn basic culinary and knife skills, gain knowledge of ingredients, the use of commercial equipment and kitchen procedures, including food safety and hygiene. You will undertake kitchen cleaning, such as dish washing and equipment cleaning. You may also be required to assist in other areas of food preparation, service and storage.
The kitchen works at a fast pace and work schedules can include long hours. Essential to this role are your:
- • Desire to learn and your commitment to completing the apprenticeship;
- • Personal drive and motivation;
- • Reliability and positive attitude;
- • Ability to listen, follow instructions, and ask for help;
- • High standards of hygiene and cleanliness as reflected in your personal presentation;
- • Excellent verbal communication skills and your skills in reading and writing in English;
- • Ability to lift up to 10 kgs and to stand for long periods of time.
To be considered, please forward your completed Employment Application form, your CV outlining previous work experience and skills, and your cover letter – telling us a bit about yourself and why you are interested in an Apprenticeship with the Club – before Thursday 1 June 2017.